Davidson’s plum (Davidsonia jerseyana), also known as Mullumbimby Plum, is a juicy, dark purple fruit with deep red flesh that grows in Northern NSW and QLD. It's known to be one of Australia’s most nutritionally powerful native fruits and is bursting with natural AHA and antioxidants. You can eat it, put it on your skin and even in your hair. It punches above its weight with Zinc and Vitamin E - essential in a diet for glowing, young looking skin – and it’s also a very potent skin care ingredient.
Davidson Plum is packed with natural compounds that work in synergy offering exciting new solutions for skin care including:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Reducing UV damage
- Brightening and pigmentation
- Collagen support and,
- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant applications
Davidson Plum is brimming with natural Phyto-active compounds, including:
- Tartaric Acid: This natural fruit acid stimulates cell turnover, works as a natural exfoliator and can improve barrier function helping skin repair and making it look healthy and vibrant.
- Quercetin: This flavonoid is known for reducing inflammation.
- Gallic Acid: This potent antioxidant can scavenge free radicals that create skin damage.
- Anthocyanin: Another potent antioxidant and a type of flavonoid phytopigment, which gives the plums their beautiful deep red colour.
Rare by Nature Davidson Plum
Davidson Plum is a key ingredient in two of our Rare by Nature skincare products:
We source our Davidson Plum from Bangalow, Northern Rivers, NSW, Australia